Tapioca starch processing equipment
Major tapioca starch processing equipment
Tapioca starch processing equipment
1. Equipment for cleaning unit:
Belt conveyor, dry sieve for cassava cleaning machine, paddle washing machine
2, Equipment for starch extraction unit: (crushing, screening, sand removal, concentration and refinement)
Bucket elevator, rasper, centrifuge sieve, fine fiber sieve, desander cyclone, hydrocyclone separator system, etc.
3. Equipment for dehydration and drying unit:
Peeler centrifuge, air flow flash drying, starch sieving machine, automatic packing machine.
Automatic control system, transformers and distribution cabinets, water supply systems, corresponding warehouses and stacking sites, collection tanks, transfer tanks, etc.
Tapioca cleaning & washing equipment
1. Cleaning equipment
- Dry sieve: Tapioca starch processing equipment used in cleaning unit serves to clean the stone, gravel and cassava skins and other debris.
Features: continuous operation, simple structure, large capacity, good cleaning effect and stable operation.
- Paddle washing machine: As the name indicates, this tapioca starch processing equipment is for washing purpose which mainly remove peels, sand, dirt and other epidermis impurities to improve raw material clarity.
Features: Energy-saving, water-saving and low material damage rate facilitates starch extraction.
2. Extraction equipment
Starch extraction equipment is the most crucial tapioca starch processing equipment which determines the starch yield and starch quality.
- Rasper: The clean cassava roots are transported to rasper for grating via a conveyor belt. At this stage, the cassava is ground into a liquid mixture consisting of starch granules, pulp, and other impurities. Use treated or recycled water to facilitate the operation of the tapioca starch processing equipment.
Features: High rotating speed, fine filing, uniform granule and high starch extraction rate.
Centrifuge sieve & fine fiber sieve
- Centrifuge sieve & fine fiber sieve: Serves for fiber separation.
Expect starch, the crushed cassava slurry contains impurities such as pulp and fiber. Fresh water is added into starch slurry before it is transfer to extractors for separate starch from the fiber and pulp. This tapioca starch processing equipment is equipped with a screen and filter cloth. The centrifugal force allows small starch particles to pass through the screen. In general, a plant has 3 extraction units, or up to 4 units in series in a large plant to maximize the starch extraction rate. There are two types of extractors: coarse and fine extractor. Starch slurry is firstly separated by a coarse extractor (centrifuge sieve) and then passed into a fine extractor (fine fiber sieve) to separate the fine fibers.
Desander cyclone & Hydrocyclone system
In the fiber separation process, fresh water and water injected with sulfur dioxide are usually added to tapioca starch processing equipment to facilitate starch extraction. The mucus treated with the sulfur dioxide solution tends to clog up filter cloth, inhibit the growth of microorganisms, and act as a bleaching agent.
- Desander cyclone: The principle of centrifugal separation is used by this tapioca starch processing equipment for sand removal. The desanding efffect of DOING equipment is 99%.
- Hydrocyclone separator system: For starch slurry concentration and refinment
The starch slurry coming from desander is then sent to hydrocyclone separator to remove protein, sulfur dioxide, and other impurities. The impurities will be separated through a series of combined cyclone separator, the separation action is based on the effect of pressure generating by centrifugal force of this tapioca starch processing equipment. Generally, starch processing factory utilizes 12-18 series hydrocyclone separator to achieve the oncentration, refining, washing and recycling of starch milk.
Starch dewatering & drying equipment
3. Dehydration and drying unit
- Peeler centrifuge: The separated slurry is pumped into tapioca starch processing equipment for dewatering to remove moisture from the starch slurry until the moisture content reaches 38-40%.
- Flash dryer: Flash dryers is a tapioca starch processing equipment typically employed during the starch drying phase. Heated air at 170 to 200 ℃ is used for drying and starch. When wet starch contacts with hot air, the moisture content is reduced, and the starch becomes lighter and is carried to the drying cyclone. Starch coming out of the dry cyclone is dry and fine which meet the required moisture content, but it is still hot. Therefore it need to be transferred to a cooling system. DOING flash dryer is equipped with special cooling system to guarantee the moisture uniformity of starch. The residence time of starch in the drying tube is very short to prevent agglomeration and decomposition of the starch. Dry starch contains about 12.5% moisture content.
- Sieving equipment: Sieve starch to ensure uniform particle size.
Features of this tapioca starch processing equipment: High speed, small radius of rotation, high sieving efficiency.
- Packing equipment: To pack final starch properly for storage. It has the characteristics of labour-saving.
Leave a message
- Cassava starch extraction machine
- Automatic cassava starch processing machinery
- Tapioca starch processing equipment
- Cassava starch production line
- Cassava starch making machine
- Cassava starch mills
- Cassava starch processing mill plant
- Potato starch production process
- Tapioca starch manufacturing process
- Small scale cassava starch production plant
- Cassava starch manufacturing process
- How to maintain cassava starch processing equipment ?
- How to extract cassava starch ？
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
- What does cassava processing plant to do?
Leave a message