Cassava industrial uses
The cassava is peeled and cut into pieces, and then cooked by baking or boiling. The cassava processed after such processing can be safely consumed. Main cassava products that have been industrial processed, such as cassava starch, cassava flour or dry chips, are hardly harmful to humans because toxic substances have been removed during processing. The of cassava industrial uses mainly refers to the processing and application of cassava starch.
Cassava starch is a powder obtained by starch extraction process from cassava. Cassava starch has two major categories of raw starch and various modified starches, and its widely used in the food industry and non-food industry. Modified starch can be tailored to the specific requirements of the user for special applications.
High quality cassava starch
Cassava starch is divided into edible and industrial uses. Cassava starch is widely used in industry processing, such as textile industry: mainly used for sizing of cotton yarn, wool fabric and rayon fabric to enhance and maintain the abrasion resistance of yarn during weaving. , smoothness, not easy to break and lubricity. Another advantage of sizing with cassava starch is that it gives a bright color and a bright color after dyeing. The cotton spun yarn combed on cassava starch has a good hand and a smooth surface, as well as good toughness.
The cassava starch industrial uses is illustrated by taking various industries as an example:
1. Food: Cassava raw starch is widely used in food formulations, such as baked products, and also used in the production of extruded small foods and cassava beads. Modified starch or starch derivatives have been used as thickeners, binders, bulking agents and stabilizers, and are also the best extenders, sweeteners, flavor carriers and fat substitutes. Foods using cassava starch include canned foods, frozen foods, dry mixes, baked goods, snacks, condiments, soups, sausages, dairy products, meat and fish products, and baby foods.
2. Beverage: Modified starch is used as a gel stabilizer in beverages containing solid ingredients. In beverages, cassava starch sweeteners are superior to sucrose because the former improves the processing and enhances product characteristics, and in combination with other sweeteners, can fully satisfy consumer demand. The highly hydrolyzed syrup formed by the hydrolysis of cassava starch is an ideal source of easily fermentable sugar in beer brewing.
Cassava starch machine
3. Candy: Cassava starch and various modified starches have many uses in candy production, such as gelling, thickening, stabilizing systems, enhancing foaming, controlling crystallization, bonding, film formation, and adding luster. Low viscosity cassava starch is widely used in gelatinized confections, such as frozen and chewing gum. Dry starch can used as a release agent in the manufacture of confectionery. Starch polysaccharides enable the production of sugar-free chewing gum.
4. Chemicals: Cassava-based syrup can be produced at low cost through acid hydrolysis or enzymatic hydrolysis, and is used as a raw material for the production of various chemicals such as sodium glutamate, amino acids, organic acids, ethanol, ketones, vitamins and antibiotics and the like.
5. Adhesives and glue: cassava dextrin is an excellent adhesive, a wide range of uses, including corrugated cardboard, paper bags, plywood, adhesive tape, adhesive tape, labels, stamps and envelopes using.
6. Papermaking: Modified starch is used in the industrial paper processing to improve paper quality, productivity and pulp utilization. Cationic starch is used to flocculate pulp and improve wet end dewatering efficiency. As a result, higher paper machine speeds can be used and higher pulp utilization rates can be obtained. The starch retained on the finished paper acts as an internal sizing agent to increase the strength of the paper. Low viscosity starches, such as oxidized starch, can be used as surface sizing agents to increase paper strength and improve ink absorbency during printing and writing. Modified starch is also used as a binder in pigment coating to produce smooth, white, high-grade paper.
Main cassava starch machine from Doing Company
7. Textile: In order to improve the textile efficiency in the textile industry, cassava starch is often used as a sizing agent to harden and protect the yarn; as a finishing agent to produce a smooth-slip fabric; as a coloring agent to obtain clear and wear-resistant printed fabric.
8. Drugs and cosmetics: Cassava and modified starch can be used as binders, extenders and disintegrants for tablet production. Specially modified starches can be used as an emollient carrier, and typically such emollients are mineral oil based materials. Other modified starches can be used as emulsifiers, sealants (vitamins), styling agents (hair mousses) and thickeners (shampoos).
9. Biodegradable materials: The cassava starch and modified starch can be mixed with petroleum-based or synthetic polymer materials to improve the biodegradability of the materials, thereby minimizing the production cost of such environmentally friendly materials.
Finally, in recently years, cassava flour also has been more and more widely used in food industry production all over the world, industrial cassava uses has been getting more and more attention, cassava industrial production and processing also get higher profit.
Leave a message
- Cassava starch processing plant price
- DOING participates in the 8th International Food Processing EXPO in Turkey
- DOING celebrates its eighth anniversary
- What are the advantages of automatic starch production line ?
- Chinese customers visit DOING cassava starch machine
- What is the use of cassava flour ?
- Price of cassava peeling machine
- Factors influence tapioca starch processing plant yield
- Cassava processing business in Nigeria is booming
- Pakistan customer visit DOING cassava processing machine
- How to maintain cassava starch processing equipment ?
- How to extract cassava starch ？
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
- What does cassava processing plant to do?
- Dry cassava chips processing
Leave a message