Potato starch extraction machine and the application of potato starch
Starch production is an isolation of starch from plant sources. It takes place in starch plants. Starch industry is a part of food processing which is using starch as a starting material for production of starch derivatives,hydrolysates,dextrins.
Potato starch extraction processing plant
At first, the raw material for the preparation of the starch was wheat. Currently main starch sources are:
maize (in America) – 70%,
potatoes (in Europe) – 12%,
wheat - 8%,
Cassava - 19%,
rice, sorghum and other - 1%. (Reference needed)
Potato starch extraction machine & chart flow
The potato starch extraction machine comprises the steps such as delivery and unloading potatoes, cleaning, rasping of tubers, potato juice separation, potato starch extraction, starch milk rafination, dewatering of refined starch milk and starch drying.
The potato starch extraction machine supply chain varies significantly by region. For example, potato starch in Europe is produced from potatoes grown specifically for this purpose. However, in the US, potatoes are not grown for starch production and manufacturers must source raw material from food processor waste streams. The characteristics of these waste streams can vary significantly and require further processing by the US potato starch manufacturer to ensure the end-product functionality and specifications are acceptable.
Potato starch extraction machine
Application of potato starch
The usage of raw starch is relatively small. Starch is mainly used as material both in the manufacture of food and non-food products. In food processing a lot of starch is converted to starch hydrolysates. Also it is used to receive puddings, jellies, desserts, caramel and other food products. In addition, starch is processed to modified starch in order to change material properties. The modified starches have a wide range of applications in many industries.
Potato & potato starch application
Applications of starch in non-food sectors include: production of dextrin and adhesives, drilling fluids, biodegradable plastics, gypsum binders and many other. In addition modified starches are used as fillers, emulsion stabilizers, consistency modifiers etc. Other important fields of starch application are textiles, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and paints.
Leave a message
- Pakistan customer visit DOING cassava processing machine
- DOING Group Annual Meeting
- Doing Company engineers technical seminar
- Application and development of modified starch
- Cassava planting methods and technical points
- DOING cassava chips making machine send to Liberia
- Why is the price of starch rasper is so expensive?
- Cassava processing plant cost of setting up analyze
- Cassava processing plant in Nigeria under installation
- Cassava industrial uses
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
- What does cassava processing plant to do?
- Dry cassava chips processing
- How to make cassava mash from machine ?
- Cassava starch processing technology analysis
Leave a message