Garri production porcess
Cassava is a tuber crop native to South America; However, Nigeria is the world's leading producer. It contains very high level of starch, and is processed in many ways to get an edible end-product. Cassava roots can be processed into several different products, which include garri, flour and starch. Garri is a creamy-white, granular flour with a slightly fermented flavor and a slightly sour taste made from fermented, gelatinized fresh cassava tubers. Garri is widely known in Nigeria and other West African countries.
What is the garri production process from fresh cassava ?
The garri production process from fresh cassava is as below :
1. Peel off the back of the cassava tubers. Try as much as possible not to peel too deep. Peeling cassava can be made by hand work or by machine
2. Wash the peeled tubers. Use a lot of water because this is the only washing you are going to do.
3. Use the cassava grating machine to grate the peeled and washed cassava into cassava mash .
Cassava grating machine
4. After the grating process , the cassava mash need to be packed in bags and for fermentation 2-3 days.
5. Press excess water out of cassava mash by hydraulic press machine or by traditional method for dewatering cassava mash.
6. Using a wide sieve, sieving the wet cake into small pieces – known as grits and remove any fibrous material.
7.Then, using a wide frying pan, fry the powder in reasonable portions until it becomes dry and crispy product . Frying garri can be made by hand work or by machine .
8.Pack your garri in a dry place, and start enjoying your meal.
Our company can supply the complete garri production machine , if you want to get into the garri production , please contact with us freely .
Leave A Message
More information about What is the garri production process ?, please contact us, we will get back to you ASAP.