Cassava is a tuber crop native to South America; However, Nigeria is the world's leading producer. Cassava roots can be processed into several different products, which include garri, flour and starch. Garri is a creamy-white, granular flour with a slightly fermented flavor and a slightly sour taste made from fermented, gelatinized fresh cassava tubers. Garri is widely known in Nigeria and other West African countries. About how to make garri, Doing Company will give the answer.
Garri making machines and production process
How to make garri from fresh cassava? Process of making garri steps as below :
2. Wash the peeled tubers. Use a lot of water because this is the only washing you are going to do, you also can choose our cassava washing machine for how to make garri.
Garri processing machine -- cassava peeling machine
4. After the grating in the process of how to make garri, the cassava mash need to be packed in bags and for fermentation 2-3 days.
5. Press excess water out of cassava mash by our automatic hydraulic press machine dewatering the cassava mash, then can get a cake.
8. Pack your garri in a dry place, and start enjoying your meal.
DOING garri processing machine making garri is a reasonable processing converts fresh cassava roots into safer, more marketable, better-tasting garri products by:
1. Reduce cyanide content in processed products
2. Extend the shelf life
3. Reduce post-harvest losses of fresh cassava roots
4. Avoid contaminating products and the environment
In Nigeria, mechanized cassava processing is still in the development stage and has great potential.
Leave A Message