Ghana's economy is primarily agricultural. The main crops are corn, cassava, sorghum, rice, millet and so on. The development of garri processing in Ghana is relying on the superiority of local cassava raw material. The main economic crops are oil palm, rubber, cotton, peanuts, sugarcane, tobacco and so on. Ghana's industrial base is low than other countries.
Cassava is a tuber crop native to South America; However, Ghana is the world's leading producer. It contains a very high level of starch, and is processed in many ways to get an edible end-product. In this article, we are going to see garri processing in Ghana from cassava. By the way, Doing Company is a professional garri processing machine manufacturer and supplier.
DOING garri production process and main machines
As an easy staple, garri processing in Ghana is indispensable (In western Africa). Because cassava is adaptable and drought resistant and barren. In Ghana, the planting area of cassava should be with plenty sunshine, the area of deep and loose soil is good for the growth of cassava. Cassava is suitable for deep ploughing and sunning in a land with abundant organic matter, good drainage and sufficient fertility. When tying the ground, the height of weeds shall not be higher than 10-15 cm; and the soil in the ploughing layer is ground up and dug up to make sure the soil layer is deeply loose and breathable, so as to improve the capacity of water storage, fertilizer conservation and drought resistance of the soil.
The garri processing in Ghana is always started with small scale. For example, the traditional garri product being produced by family business, all the steps are done by hand, its characteristic is the low yield, low efficiency. Of course, the product quality level is not stable.
Garri processing machine delivery
However, the traditional method inspired fully automatic garri processing in Ghana. The traditional production steps include:
1. Peel off the skin of the cassava tubers.
2. Wash the peeled tubers. Use a lot of water because this is the only washing you are going to do.
3. Cut the tubers into medium sizes. This is because they are going to be ground in a grinding tool.
4. Bring them to the stone mortar (usually a very large one) and grind them.
5. After the grinding, the cassava powder (still watery) needs to be packed in long bags and drilled to ultimate dryness in a jack for 2-3 days.
6. Using a wide sieve to sieve off the fine cassava powder from other particles.
7. Then, using a thick frying pan to fry the powder in reasonable portions.
8. Pack your garri in plastic bags. All the traditional steps of garri processing in Ghana are included.
Cassava and garri
Outdated methods of garri processing in Ghana are basically the same as the automatic production line, but the automatic garri production has many advantages. Such as a small cassava crusher, capacity 1000kg per hour; Power: Three phase 3kW 415v, 50Hz; Grinds cassava tubers and granulates pressed, lump material.
1) Belt driven steel granular cylinder
2) Motor speed of 1400 rpm
3) Locally available spare parts
4) Highly efficient, works at a controllable rate, durable design
Leave A Message