Development of a yam peeling machine
Yam peeling machine
Yam belongs to the families called Discoreaceae and Dioscorea. These families contain about 600 species out of which ten are presently of economic importance. Most of the yams produced in various parts of the world are consumed within the country of production, although appreciable quantities are shipped to developed countries.
Almost all forms of yam tuber processing required that the yam be peeled. These peeling processes face a significant problem of time consuming and inefficiency due to loss of a substantial part of the yam by manual peeling. In order to ameliorate the resulting fatigue and to reduce the amount of time consumed and at the same time improve the peeling efficiency a mechanical yam peeler was designed, fabricated and tested.
The yam peeler consists of a drum eccentrically mounted on a shaft rotating at various speeds ranging between 20 rpm and 50 rpm. This speed of rotation was achieved by means of pulley and belt arrangement. The spins on the drum serves as the abrasive where the peeling is done. The efficiency of the machine ranges 80% and 95% depending on the speed of rotation of the drum and the size and shape of the yam tuber.
Leave a message
- How profitable is garri processing business in nigeria ?
- How lucrative is garri business ?
- Factors affecting the price of garri processing machine
- A brief introduction of garri processing machine in Ghana
- Tapioca chips making machine price influencing factors analysis
- What are the advantages of automatic starch production line ?
- Price of cassava peeling machine
- What is the use of cassava flour ?
- Different types of cassava dewatering machine
- Cassava starch processing plant price analysis
- Cassava starch manufacturing process
- How to maintain cassava starch processing equipment ?
- How to extract cassava starch ？
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
- What does cassava processing plant to do?
Leave a message