The development of the cassava-processing industry
In many producing countries, the cassava industry suffers from such disadvantages as an insufficient and irregular supply of roots to the factories in addition to the high cost of roots. These countries should encourage research work with the object of obtaining a maximum yield of roots per hectare and a maximum starch content in the roots. Experiments should be conducted in various regions for the improvement of agricultural practices and the breeding of new varieties with continuous testing and selection for high yields and suitability to local conditions.
The formation of an organization of cassava growers in each region will encourage production, make possible financial and technical assistance, and help coordinate the supply of roots to the factories.
Processing and marketing
The most propitious occasion on which to inaugurate such a competition would be one of the many marketing and festival days celebrated in the villages. It may continue for several months and be open to participants from a number of villages in cassava-producing areas.
The next step could be the setting up of small cooperative processing units in areas which are ready for such development, whereby improved machinery and accessories could be brought into use to obtain a better product. A pilot plant may be established in each cassava-growing region as a centre for research and development of the industry, for demonstration of modern processing equipment and for the training of personnel.
Obviously, under such a development scheme a certain number of officers will be necessary to guide the programme - at least some instructors and an inspection officer stationed in the cassava-processing areas.
As cassava is generally grown in rural areas and processed in small factories, the promotion and guidance of village farmers' cooperatives, not only for cassava processing but also for grading and marketing, is an important part of the duties of the officers.
In recent years, there are more and more people are investing the large factory to do cassava process, Making cassava starch, flour garri etc.
Cassava cleaning machine
Leave a message
- How profitable is garri processing business in nigeria ?
- How lucrative is garri business ?
- Factors affecting the price of garri processing machine
- A brief introduction of garri processing machine in Ghana
- Tapioca chips making machine price influencing factors analysis
- What are the advantages of automatic starch production line ?
- Price of cassava peeling machine
- What is the use of cassava flour ?
- Different types of cassava dewatering machine
- Cassava starch processing plant price analysis
- Cassava starch manufacturing process
- How to maintain cassava starch processing equipment ?
- How to extract cassava starch ？
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
- What does cassava processing plant to do?
Leave a message