The uses of cassava processing products
The cassava processing products mainly including cassava flour, cassva starch, garri etc, while use the cassava flour, starch or garri as raw material, we can make many different products in many industries.
Bread consumption is constantly increasing in many developing countries, which still depend mostly on imported wheat or wheat flour while they grow various staples such as starchy tubers like cassava or cereals other than wheat. Recent experiments show the possibility of partial replacement of wheat flour in bread-making by other flours (e.g.,cassava and soya). It seems quite logical that the utilization of cassava flour in bread-making will increase considerably in most developing countries.
2.Food and nonfood uses
Because starch-derived products are used in almost every industry, the starch industry itself is vulnerable to competition from more specialized synthetic products.In the textile, foundry and paper-coating industries, synthetic polymers present a serious threat to starch products, but they are still expensive. Much work is therefore being carried out to form products combining starch and synthetic polymers with the best qualities of both materials. The future of starch utilization in such industries may be promising if technical efforts continue to make use of the new synthetic materials rather than compete with them or oppose them.
The cassava starch can be further process to extracte the glucose syrup for food industry and other industry. Furthermore, it has recently been claimed that sucrose consumption has certain injurious effects on health while starch, starch products and glucose do not. The utilization of glucose syrup and dextrose is rapidly increasing in the food industry, and consequently their production from various starches is continuously expanding.
At present yellow maize is the most important raw material used for starch production. New waxy maizes have been developed with higher amylose content than and different properties from normal maize. The market position of cassava starch is believed to depend on the possibility of world industry, particularly in the United States, developing domestic substitutes from the waxy varieties of grains (maize and sorghum) and from roots and tubers such as sweet potatoes and white potatoes at lower cost than that of imported cassava starches.
Growing populations in the cassava-producing countries will continue to provide a home market for cassava roots and products. Many countries are entering production, and the international market for many products has become more competitive. Thus it seems unlikely that European markets will attract a large volume of exports. However, eassava could make a much more important contribution to national economies and provide a more stable base for food industries, both for local consumption and for export, if cassava starch could compete with other starches by improving the quality of its products and lowering the cost of production.
Leave a message
- Cassava peeling machine shipped to Nigeria
- What are the advantages of automatic starch production line ?
- Garri processing machines and their prices
- New cassava slicer machine are ready to ship to Nigeria
- How profitable is garri processing business in nigeria ?
- How lucrative is garri business ?
- Factors affecting the price of garri processing machine
- A brief introduction of garri processing machine in Ghana
- Tapioca chips making machine price influencing factors analysis
- Price of cassava peeling machine
- How to process cassava into cassava chips ?
- Cassava starch manufacturing process
- How to maintain cassava starch processing equipment ?
- How to extract cassava starch ？
- How to make cassasva starch?
- Water, electricity, steam and land deploy in starch processing plant
- How profitable is cassava starch made?
- Cassava mechanised garri processing
Leave a message